The english blog version of an argentinian 19yo guy · · · · · << LEER EN ESPAÑOL >>

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Viewers of our own movie

Heeey!!! How you guys doing???

When you thought my writing tradition have died, I turn up again with an more exclusive space (now's a real real BLOG :D) and a shorter URL. New year, new things to get used to and new blog as well... but, especially, new relationships. It seems crazy, but that's the way it is; it's been more than four years since I'd humbly started writing useless stuff sitting in front of a Word sheet, and as time went by I realized that had become an adiction, and I really liked to be in front of my computer from time to time, so as to retell special -o not too much- ocasions -now I realize all of them were that way, though-. And now I open it again, look back and watch a lot of images of high school and friends which suddenly appear in my mind... and, in that moment, maybe I didn't know how much they were worth... perhaps it's necessary to wait a little time or to lose things a little in order to learn and know their real value... and probably this is all what happens when reading that makes me have nostalgia about it. In spite of all the troubles that could've ocurred, memory is cruely selective and you just remember in detail the good moments, those which makes you want to go back in time and live the exact same situations once again, but this time with the acknowledgement of what they mean and the maturity gained because you've already been there.

Many days ago, going through my relatively huge Winamp playlist, suddenly I stopped at The Corrs - Would You Be Happier?. It ain't a song which sticks out by anything at first but, because of some reason, I had kept it in my "listenable-songs" folder. After the first two lines of the lyrics, I listened the phrase which had turn it into a kind of special song:

Did you ever dreamed you were the movie star with popcorn in your hand? I did... (I did... I did...)

and that was when I realized that was what I had been doing since a long time ago: to be part of my own movie, and act as a member of the audience at the same time or, in other words, to enjoy the story I was creating with the people who surround me, to read the book I'm writing with those special companies; and the fact is that, that movie, story and book aren't more than our own life, and our enjoying it depends on the attitude which we face it with. I think that having literally written that same story for a long time and feeling like doing it again in this opportunity, is a way of appreciating it and recognizing how interesting it may turn to be for the ones who are involved in it.

Last year I started that "space" in a similar way. Now that I have overcome first year at university, I can tell I could feel really comfortable, and that is, in a big part, because of the new friendships I was able to set up. Some of them have already dissolved, but there are a few who I'm sure that they've come to stay forever, although the different ways each of us could choose. Of course that the role of those friends who have been there for a long time is basic to be able to carry on and say the story you've been writing next to them is that interesting, so I hope they'll always be there -and doubt they give up- even though the distances and personal responsibilities. Finally, but not last, I have to highlight those (mainly you :P ) who, despite of not being able to be physically with me, have lastly been there and standed by me through long e-chatting hours, and, without any doubt, play a fairly important role.

As it couldn't be other way, I dedicate this blog to all those friends... I'm looking forward to your answers and a nice welcome, and altough it's not said very often, each of you knows how much you mean for me. Big hugs!

0 acotaciones:

Post a Comment

<< Home